星期一, 12月 21, 2009

Day 1 & 2 - Coolangatta, Gold Coast + MovieWorld

I was saying I arrived at the airport...

Because I did some research about the accommodation before the trip (before I fell asleep actually), so I know there is one backpacker hotel not far from airport, and they offer free pick up service from airport, so I called them, and they came!


The town itself called Coolangatta, and I stayed in a backpacker's hotel called Coolangatta Sand Hotel, in a 8-bed dorm, but there were 4 empty beds at that time.

My first night at Gold Coast was terrible, it was so boring, Coolangatta is a small town, nothing much happening, not much of people playing at the beach, I walked along the beach for 3, 4 times, just to kill my time, having dinner alone, walked around the town as slow as possible so that I don't go back to the room so early with nothing to do, but the town was pretty quiet as well, only left the restaurants were still open.

At that time, I can feel what I felt when I was in Curtin last time, it was really lonely to be alone in a place like Gold Coast, where everyone else was having fun, I seriously didn't know what is so fun about a backpacker travels alone. That night, I went back to hotel, lying on the bed, read through those travel guide about Gold Coast, and hoped to plan something for tomorrow, I was on msn with my sister that time as well, so she suggested me to go here and there around Gold Coast as she has been there last time.

Next day, I went to MovieWorld, it was where the fun began! =)


Inside MovieWorld, there are lots of nice rides, which really spice up my day! Too bad, one of the ride called Batwing spaceshot was closed that day.



It is the same sort of ride in Genting, but it is higher in here, and you will experience 4.5 times of gravity force, which means, VERY fast, we were all science students after all, count it!


I went into a show called "Hollywood Stunt Driver" to start off my day in MovieWorld, they showed all the scenes that you see in Hollywood, and they make it a bit funny as well, it was good and amazing.

I was on the screen, can you see me?

Right in front of your eyes!

I was satisfied with that, I did record down some parts of the show, if you all want, I can post it up. =)

Then there was this ride called "Superman Escape",



It is like roller coaster kind of ride, and because it's movie world, so there was a story behind the ride, the story behind the rides was we were in a METROPOLIS subway loading dock. As we travel through the subway, a terrifying earthquake happened. To escape, SUPERMAN rescues us by propelling our carriage out then vertically upwards at 100km per hour! We travelled from 0 to 100km/h in just 2 seconds! You can feel the skin on your face is moving slower than your body, it's really fun although the story was quite lame, haha!



Lethal Weapon, this 1 was quite fun as well, 5 complete upside down experiences, 85km/h, 4G gravity force, and it was 765metres long, so you will have enough time to feel everything!




There was this 1 called Road runner roller coaster, it was in the kids' zone, well, it didn't look so childish, so I went to have a ride too, and there were only kids ride that, so ya, I was quite paishe at the time.. haha..

It doesn't look that dumb to ride on this right? =P

And some of those really kids' things.. (Obviously I didn't go and try.. hehe..)










It was good to see how those kids react when they were on the ride, some were so excited before the rides started, and when it started, you can hear them screaming, haha..

There were lots of shows in MovieWorld too, Scooby-doo live show, 4D show... and lots of shop as well, mostly about souvenirs..

They have the parade for all the cartoon characters as well, but I missed out the front part, only saw bunny, Marilyn Monroe,


Tweety bird, Sylvester,


Scooby-Doo,


Sherk,

CatWomen,

Batman,


Batman one was quite good, the car you saw in the pictures, it moves! Omg, haha.. It looks pretty cool, and it think that is the same car that appeared in the latest batman movie! The batman was just standing beside the car, NICE! Haha..

Although I went on all the rides alone, but it was still fun and enjoyable! That day after MovieWorld, I went to a place called "Surfers Paradise" to look for my accommodation for the next 2 days as I really didn't want to stay at Coolangatta, it was too quiet.
Compare to Coolangatta, Surfers Paradise was so much better, it was sort of heart of Gold Coast, so it's more happenning and beautiful, I spent my 3rd day at Surfers Paradise too!


- to be continued..

2 意见 :

  1. 阿佩 提到...

    aric, nice share~
    remind me my primary 4 trip to movie world.

    the hollywood show is really very excited, last time, an helicopter explode infront of us!!

    the batman was really cool, last time i took photos with him also, and Robin. Catwoman also.

    argh.. so nice! enjoy urself and take care.

    share more k? =)

  2. Unknown 提到...

    Thanks ahpei..

    U went there in primary 4? Woah.. so nice.. helicopter explode? Geng lo..

    Yes, I will share more!

    Thanks and take care!