星期日, 5月 10, 2009

Assignment-ing: Have a break..

I'm still rushing for the shitty assignment which the due date was last Friday. Although it's damn rushing, but I accidentally got this very interesting story regarding the US government recent proposal of $787.2 billion government spending to stimulate the economy. Its quite funny, really. Hence wanna share with you guys. Hope you will enjoy it.

Young Barry in Illinois bought a horse from a farmer for $100. 
The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day. 
The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news... the horse died." 
Barry replied, "Well, then just give me my money back." 
The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already." 
Barry said, "Ok, then, just bring me the dead horse." 
The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him?" 
Barry said, "I'm going to raffle him off." 
The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead horse!" 
Barry said, "Yes, I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."
A month later, the farmer met up with Barry and asked, "What happened with that dead horse?" 
Barry said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars apiece and made a profit of $898." 
The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?" 
Barry said, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back." 

Barry now works for the government.'

LOL

4 意见 :

  1. 阿佩 提到...

    i dunno the meaning leh...

    Barry said, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back."

    Barry now works for the government.'

    any related?
    sorry, i'm too stupid..

  2. Z`blind 提到...

    raffle is something like lottery in which prizes are goods but not money. At the end, only winner knows the prize is a dead horse. Barry just need to give him two dollars back. Thats why he earn a net profit of 898.

    This is how i understand the story...

  3. Unknown 提到...

    I understand the story, but i dunno how does it related to the US government.. hhmm..

    Business student please..

  4. Dani'Ü @-大牛- 提到...

    Barry买的马死了,他向farmer讨回100元钱。
    farmer说没办法,他也出了本钱买下那匹马,马死了钱也就亏掉了。
    Barry说那没关系,就给他匹死马。
    于是Barry办个类似抽奖活动。说抽中的人能得到一匹马。
    他总共卖了500张彩卷,每张2元,赚了898元。
    farmer问,怎么没人投诉你吗?
    Barry说,有。就只是中奖的人投诉。
    而我就把2元钱还给他……

    如今,美国经济就像那马一样。而美国经济是绝对能够复苏的。只是他们需要Barry这种人才。

    学到了。超强。。